Top 10 Window Errors And Their Solutions
This blog post aims to discuss the Top 10 Desktop PC issues and how to determine them. Never let a Blue Screen of Death or some Missing .DLL documents ruin your Windows OS experience. Like all the constantly running machines, your Windows computer is also a machine that has to be taken care of regularly and consistently. Problems arise in any machine if there is an internal or sometimes, an external issue. Knowing how to tackle these problems can come in handy. Therefore, to make you aware of the common windows errors and the ways you can fix them, we have compiled a list of all these errors in our article below here,
A fair number of times, there arise some new and unknown errors which we’ve never seen before, like the WLDCore.dll is missing, the 404 error not found, and so much more. There are different approaches to assess any PC issues, and the ones introduced here illustrate that. On the off chance that you realize a superior arrangement if it’s not too much trouble, leave me a remark; I couldn’t want anything more than to find out about other potential answers for any of these issues.
1. BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)
What we commonly call the Blue Screen of Death is known as the fatal system error or the stop error in our Windows laptop or computer. Users encounter this error when the Operating System crashes, which means the system ran into some kind of an error that prevented the system from running it securely. When the BSOD Error occurs, the OS displays a blue screen with the error code for that particular error which is responsible for stopping the program or software from running safely. How to go about solving this fatal system error totally depends on the number of error code that are displayed. At times, the System might scare you with a Blue Screen Error but may run perfectly well after a reboot and restart of the system. In this type of error, the system displays a Sad emoticon face with a background of blue screen and a simple error message written below it.
- Take a gander at the landfill document to sort out precisely what the reason for the blunder is.
- Alternatively, refreshed equipment drivers or consider the circumstance wherein BSOD occurred (for instance, you’ve put in new equipment/programming).
- Also, you should run Hardware Diagnostic.
- It is also suggested that you check the system and device drivers for recent changes and updates.
- Reviewing recent computer changes along with software changes can also prove beneficial in solving the issue at hand.
2. Missing. DLL documents.
A .DLL error refers to any DLL file that has the .DLL Extension in your system. This particular error is consistent in Windows Operating Systems, right from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, to the recent versions of Windows 10. DLL type of error is particularly troublesome for your system and yourself because there are countless files in your system with the .DLL extension. Given below are some of the common troubleshooting methods for frequently occurring .DLL Errors. You can also try searching the internet with the specific type of DLL file and error code you encounter.
- Reinstall Software.
- Find the missing DLL and duplicate it to system32 or potentially SysWOW6432 organizer.
- Register DLL if necessary through CMD. Model: regsvr32 “name of DLL”.
- Try Recovering the deleted DLL file from the Recycle Bin.
- You can also try recovering the file with the help of a Free File Recovery Program.
- Try to run a Malware/Virus Scan of your entire Operating System.
- You can try using System Restore to undo recent changes to your system.
3. Programming/application won’t be introduced.
- Free up space on HD.
- Look for the past establishment of more up-to-date programming. Introduce all requirements.
- Acquire viable OS.
4. Programming or OS is running sluggish.
Any user can follow the steps given below to determine why their computer device is running slow and what they can do to fix it. Please note that this list will only cover the basics of Why a computer is running slow and not the problem of why a computer starts slow or has a weak internet connection. A beginner step to taking care of this error can be to Reboot the device completely. If any device has not been Rebooted in a long time, Rebooting it can usually solve the errors.
- Open Task Manager and search for RAM/Virtual Memory designation (any applications utilize the entirety of the RAM? Change VMemory if vital).
- Check CPU utilization levels.
- Perform Full System Scan for Viruses.
- If you have a virus that you can’t eliminate, consider OS reimage/reinstall.
- Install all updates for your PC/let them finish/reboot (updates can occupy assets and time).
- Remove or disable any programs that launch automatically after starting the device. One of the most common reasons for slow computer devices is programs and applications constantly running in the background.
- Most of the time, when we run applications, the Temporary Files stored on the hard drive makes a PC very sluggish. Deleting temporary files from the Hard Drive of the computer can also improve the speed of the device.
5. PC restarting on numerous occasions.
- Let the Windows Updates Finish (Windows refreshes alone can restart ordinarily and consume most of the day).
- Run Virus Scan (check issue 4 for steps).
6. Unexpectedly, applications or PCs acting unusually
For instance: Software continues slamming, missing documents, or runs moderately.
- Run Virus Scan (check issue 4 for steps).
- Check Windows System logs for NTFS framework mistakes/or other HD-related logs.
- Replace HD if important.
7. Web/Web Site issue: Error “404 Page not found.”.
Every time you open a page on the internet or access a link that directs you to a website, you ask a server located somewhere to give you access to see that particular web page or link. This Error usually occurs when that particular page has been deleted from the website, or if it has been moved to another URL, or sometimes even when we enter the wrong URL Address. At times it can also happen that the server has a malfunction. There are a number of ways in which a user can get rid of the error 404 Page not found. Below, we discuss some of the ways in which the user can make this happen.
- If an explicit page is missing, quest the site for wanted substance.
- Double-check the site interface since it might have been changed.
- If all pages are 404, contact the site proprietor.
8. The PC is running HOT! Overheating…
Determining if your Computer is running hot and overheating can be fairly easy. But an overheating PC can be a sign of trouble. The user should never ignore an overheating PC, as it can cause much more trouble later on. Excessive Heat can slow down your computer device, and in some cases, it can also lead to a total shutdown and data loss of the whole system. Below, you will get to know about the ways in which you can avoid overheating your desktop or laptop and keep it running smoothly and efficiently.
- Clean your PC from dust.
- If the CPU fan isn’t working, supplant it.
- If the PSU fan isn’t working, supplant PSU.
- Stop Overclocking your CPU and GPU.
- Lower room temp or move the PC.
- Avoid covering the vents of your desktop/laptop and never place it on uneven surfaces that can block the airflow from the vents.
- Reapply thermal paste as it helps in ensuring that heat is moved out from the PC. An old thermal paste will definitely affect the cooling of the overall system.
- You can also try speeding up the fan speed as it can help in speeding up the cooling system more than normal.
- Try Underclocking your CPU as it can help in generating less heat.
- If your PC still overheats after all this, try using an external cooling system to cool down the Core Temperature of your PC.
9. Low memory RAM or HD Storage.
Your Windows desktop/laptop can sometimes display the error that it is low on memory or storage. This pop-up message does not necessarily mean that the error is a virus, but it can certainly be caused due to one. Taking proper care of your system and updating it regularly, can at times, prevent the system from displaying such an error.
- Close applications that utilize an excessive amount of RAM and utilize each in turn.
- Perform Disk Cleanup to open space (reuse container, download envelope, store information, temp records, old OS reestablish focuses).
- Alternatively, you can buy more RAM or ADD a Second HD. Connection in Description.
10. Exceptionally lethargic Internet.
Nothing is more annoying than having a great Wi-Fi router with a good internet or ethernet connection, with exceptionally slow internet speeds. Every user must have encountered this problem at least once in their life, and when they do, they always wish for it to magically disappear. While we can’t come down and fix this issue ourselves, we can try and suggest some tips and tricks for you to fix and troubleshoot your lethargic internet connection and offer you some solace in your tough times!
- Limit Downloads.
- If an excessive number of individuals are sharing the web, you can restrict/set max speed in switch for even dispersion of data transfer capacity.
- Check Wifi signal/separate and change in switch settings.
- Try to check your internet speed, and at the same time, also try and check your internet plan.
- Give your router the universal fix of resetting it before you go about cursing your Internet Service Provider. If the problem still persists, you definitely need to have a word with your ISP.
- Try and fix your Wi-Fi signal as sometimes, a weaker signal also leads to unimaginably slow speeds.