Designing Websites For The Modern User: Prerequisites, Best Practices
These days running a website is quite easy as it is just a matter of a few minutes. But, a well-designed website takes time as the designer hangs up on the aesthetics. Will the logo of the company be on the right side or left side? Does this shade look good?
Now, if you ask why it is necessary to have a well-designed website? First of all, a well-designed website is a pleasure to use. Moreover, as you all know that it takes just 0.05 seconds for people to form an opinion about the company, so it should capture the user’s attention according to best website designing company.
Apart from that, various things help visitors take business services like conveying the right information and showing the company’s attitude whether they are able to keep up with the time.
However, if you talk about a website on behalf of a company, it also impacts conversions and credibility and finally makes or breaks the site’s success. Overall, if you want your business to reach on top, ensure to optimize the website as soon as possible.
According to the recent study, around 77% of agencies state that the poor design of the website is one of the most significant weaknesses of the clients. This is the reason 88% of the consumers will not return to the site having a bad experience in the form of poor design.
So, in order to make your website excellent, let’s discuss some of the best practices of the website by want website design company: –
1. Add images to engage and inform readers.
If you want a very low bounce rate of the website, then striking a balance between text and images is essential. Adding visuals in between the text makes the whole content informative, memorable, and, most of all, engaging. In this regard, you might have read that almost 20% of the people don’t remember what they have read. Instead, they remember what they have seen.
2. Select the color scheme that fits the branding strategy
The shades you choose for your website are more crucial than you think. As you very well know, visitors coming to your site judge the website in less than 90 seconds. However, most of them judge it based on the shades you have chosen.
So, the best way to get the perfect color for your site is with branding. That means see your logo and think about the shade you had selected for your brand image.
3. Simplify your navigation
Navigation is another crucial factor of design that means the website must be easy to navigate. According to the report. It is found that most of the people leave the website as they are not getting what they want in terms of information or any other thing.
So, make sure to make the navigation part of the website easy.
4. Make your CTA stand out
CTAs are also called call to action, and they are the elements on various web pages, advertisements, or any other piece of content that motivates visitors to take some action. However, ensure it should be attractive in writing like, start a free trial, learn more, subscribe, etc.
Apart from that, if you want CTAs to pop up in website design, consider using shades or other elements like surrounding images, background color, etc.
Prerequisites of the website for modern users
- Simplicity – It is essential to make the design of the website attractive but don’t forget simplicity. The reason is that most people are not coming to the website for navigating or watching images. Instead, they want to complete some action or need some specific information. Thus, unnecessary design elements will not be there as it becomes complicated for the visitors to find the information.
- Use white space effectively. – It is essential to use the white space, but that doesn’t mean you will clutter it with things. Sometimes it is very daunting to keep things simple, but you have to do it; otherwise, the site will not look perfect.
- Navigability – Planning intuitive navigation of the website is very crucial for the visitors so that they will get what they are looking for. That means moving from one page to another must be frictionless. So, for this, always keep the structure of the primary navigation simple. Use breadcrumbs on every page, include navigation in the footer of the site, etc.
- Communicate effectively – The website acts as a visual communication tool on behalf of your business. So, ensure the content and design of the site are perfect and precise for the visitors so that they easily find what they want.
- Consistency – Apart from the navigation part, consistency is another crucial tool that offers a positive impact on the visitors. That means the overall feel and look of the site must be similar all across the site pages. However, we are not saying every page must follow the same layout but use them consistently to make it easy for visitors to understand what every page is trying to tell us.
- Write effective content – As you know, that website acts as the communication tool for the visitors by which you will get more and more customers and can earn high profit. So, make sure the content you write on the website must be in simple language and also category-wise.
This will help visitors to take action as soon as possible.
- Responsive design – According to a report by Statista, around 48% of the global views come from mobile devices like tablets and mobiles. In this regard, another report shows around 93% of the people leave the website as it shows errors while opening on mobiles or tablets.
So, if you want your website to offer a truly excellent user experience, it should be compatible with every device for visitors. That means the design of the website should be responsive.
The bottom line
The website’s design indeed helps the visitors to take the services or not but ensures it should not be a trifle. The reason is web design choices ultimately impact whether your site will be successful or not. So, take care of the above points while developing a website from the want website design company to make it successful.